Friday 2 May 2008

How bad are we?

http://spankyfiles.blogspot.com/2008/05/short-sweet-spanky-if-you-willfirst-day.html

Finding this post about the bloggers personal experiences with what can be considered, 'being bad' made me question my own behaviour. Yes, I have smoked, Yes I have been drunk, contemplated infidelity and at times been downright sly. But do I consider myself immoral or bad? No I don't, I think as imperfect human beings it is illogical to assume we can lead wholesome and pure lives in the classical sense of the term.

The poster says that they have always had a solid sense of right and wrong and I can relate to this as in comparison to some of my peers previous ongoings I could be regarded a goody-goody by some. However I think it is this very concious understanding of the difference between right and wrong which seperates normal imperfect human beings subject to making mistakes and experimenting and those who chose to abide by a more unconventional lifestyle, living on the fringe of society with little regard in whats right and/or wrong.

No comments: