Wednesday 16 April 2008

Masturbation: A Full Time Hobby?


Catholicism and potentially your mother may have you believe if you to touch yourself in those special areas you are an immoral being who is violating all those virtues usually partnered with being wholsome and all that jazz...


Interested in the concept that a serious religious establishment such as the Catholic Church so clearly frown upon masturbating I did a little research and found this site http://www.atruechurch.info/masturbation.html which states


"To pursue sexual pleasure or orgasm in manner not associated with marital intercourse that is love-giving and open to the creation of new life violates the will of God and is immoral. "


Shocked with the results I felt angered that an act as trivial and harmless as masturbation is advertised as immoral and subject to anger the will of god by religious leaders. I wish not to challenge the status quo in beliefs by these religious leaders and the religions followers but in the shade of the 21st cntury I think such dogmatic rhetoric may need a little revision.


Now accepted as an inherently natural thing for many people to do I personally don't even associate the topic of being bad to masturbating, the context obviously is a matter of taste but my faith in humanity rests on the fact that I hope most people wish to indulge in this activity indoors..in private, of course I exxagerated then but you get my point.


No comments: