Tuesday 6 May 2008

And it all comes to an end.

Age? 20

Sex? Male

What is your degree subject (both if joint)? Film Studies

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking? No.
If so, how? And if not, why not? Whilst I don't think being bad relates enteirly well to Film Studies this doesn't necessarily mena I haven't enjoyed the module. Throughly entertained and intrigued week in, week out I feel this subject has been a great learning experience.

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level? An appropriate level.

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate? I think in hindsight the subject of bad comedy and masturbation were slightly disappointing.

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included? I think prositituion could be an interesting topic neglected in the programme.

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well? Yes

What did you think of the module team? The module team all seemed to approach there respective topic with confidence and enthusiasm, which for me anyway helped engage my interest.

Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions? No
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole? Yes
Information and talk from lecturers? Yes

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea? I do, I think it helps encourage scholars of various degrees to think outside of their studies, helping to prevent tunnel vision.

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module? Through the blogging assessment is where I feel I have benefited mostly, assesing us on sharing our personal views I feel as helped broadened my horizons.

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter? On behalf of the film students I would like to see a module within the three years that focuses upon shocking or controversial cinema.

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2? No, instead I have opted to take all film modules however feel I have become generally more rounded and socially/poltiically aware due to the subject.

Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend? Highly.

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea? Yes.

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)? In parts yes I think it would be better to have a longer assignment, as I felt a little restricted with the word count in the two previous assignments.

What have you learned from the module? That the world isnt black and white, and its in the shades of grey where we can learn or attempt to learn most.

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why? The blogging aspect.

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why? The lesson entitled 'Lying With Integrity' I felt was mostly common sensical.

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?

No comments: